Air Heritage has four primary goals:
- To research of our aeronautical history with an emphasis on the Tri-State area.
- To aid individuals and organizations engaged in similar research and education projects.
- To engage in the accumulation, restoration and preservation of historically significant aircraft, aeronautical materials and artifacts.
- To operate and maintain an aviation museum and restoration facility at the Beaver County Airport.
By John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air….
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace.
Where never lark, or even eagle flew —
And, while with silent lifting mind I have trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
– Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
John Magee, aged 19 years
Killed in combat. Battle of Britain 1940
Read more about John Magee on Wikipedia.